Thursday, March 26, 2020

Back in the Saddle

Wow. Ten years. Who would have thought it would take a global pandemic to get me to use this thing again. I have not blogged in that long, but I have been writing and teaching and pastoring and living. We are currently on week two of the quarantine for me and I write this from a bedroom on Lake Yawkey. I am not entirely alone, but I am at a great distance from my family. I suspect that largely no one will see this, so this is sort of a test. Things I am currently pondering: why is social distancing difficult? The knee jerk impulse is because we are wire for community. we need each other. This seems true, but really I don't think it really gets at it all the way. The other aspect of social distancing is that we dont get to choose our communities anymore. The communities we chose for ourselves have vanished. Its not simply the isolation, but the forced isolation that really puts us over the top. thats all for now.

No comments: